Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome....

Welcome to my photo blog. My name is Julie - I live in a small town outside of a medium sized city on the prairies of Saskatchewan, Canada. I have been interested in photography since I can remember and snap A LOT of pictures, whether it be of nature, my kids, interesting objects around home, you name it - I shoot it. :)

I have a Canon Rebel XSi and love to experiment with the manual settings. For many years, I have wanted to take a photography class simply to learn more about my camera and to be able to take great pictures in any setting. I always said "I should...", and never did, so this January, my "I should..." turned into an "I'm going to..." and I am. I am taking a course through the University of Saskatchewan and though we are only 3 weeks in (and haven't really touched our cameras much yet), I have learned a lot so far. I am excited to play with my camera and shoot everything that I can find (and in this frigid cold, minus 30 degree weather, I have stuck with mostly indoor subjects). I do venture out for quick photo shoots outdoors, however the snow, snow and more snow generally keep me inside. Either way, indoors or out, I have found some interesting subjects so far and this is where I am going to share them with you.

Each week, we have different assignments to work on, so I will be posting my highlights (when I remember) and my other faves from the week. I'd love your feedback and comments on my work. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips