Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Biology Building @ the U of S

 Last week at my class, our prof had a few stations set up in class so that we could play with lighting, etc., but the building that our class is in is connected to the Biology Building on the U of S campus and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to photograph the subjects down there. It was evening, so there were nice shadows to work with. Here are some of  my results.

I LOVE waterfalls! Even teeny-weenie ones. :) I didn't have my tripod with me, so for this shot, I leaned up against a pillar and stayed as still as possible with my shutter open for 1sec. I will try it again with a tripod, but all-in-all, nit bad for a handheld shot.


I like the looks of the bones, but to give them some artistic edge, in Picasa, I added the "Cinamascope" effect. Makes them look even older than they are (and yellows the pic a bit).



The most fun part of this evening was playing with perspectives. Taking pictures from different angles, or focusing on something that may not have been considered the focal point of an object was my goal.



Playing with a 1second shutter speed, I zoomed back after pressing the shutter which left these cool light lines.

1 comment:

Blogging tips